Old 06-18-08, 07:41 PM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kix
Wow, what a crazy commute today. So I'm commuting home today in my dedicated bike lane when this dog about 15" X 10" sized darts out from between a pair of parked cars RIGHT AT ME. It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to react except yell out a helpless "heeeyyyyyyyyy."

It was a -2% decline and I must have hit the dog at around 15 mph. I remember keeping the bike path straight as I didn't have any time to react to the dog. I just heard a cry of whimper from behind me as I slowed braked. My guess is that my front wheel must have rolled over the dog...if the dog was any bigger, I may have flipped.

I went back to speak to the owner and it looks like the dog will live but she'll be leashing it in the future I'm sure; it would be nuts not to as it could have very well ran into traffic.

Last week, I saw a biker run over a small 1yr toddler on the path in front of the Conservatory of Flowers (not sure if it was a MUP)...the toddler ended up in between the front and rear wheels and cried really hard. But he also looked OK after a while.

It's good to see these bike accidents didn't cause fatalities.

Be careful out there!
I've noticed an awful lot of Suicidal squirrels lately. I'd feel terrible if I hit em the nuts