Old 06-19-08, 09:09 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lying around the house at the moment is two MTB`s. The Nishiki and also a light 80`s Scott that used to be a favourite, just could not throw it away. Both has got canti mounts of course, but If I put 622 wheels they end up not catching the rim (both frames made for the normal 26" wheels).

Also I`we got a mixte made for 622 wheels. Canti`s would end up at the right place for rims, but that would not bring the BB up much. This is a good 80`s frame, muc like a hybrid but a bit on the heavy side. I guess standard hub spacings. Some minor rust on this one. would build first and see if I use it, then repaint if i think I`ll use it. Also upgrade parts, brakes if same.

guess 3x7 gears is what is lying around. would not go for 8 or 9 for this. Need to start with 3 on the cranks. the 2`s lying a round is typical road ones, 52 42 and so on.

Got plenty of both types of wheels lying around, better Mtb wheels sinche I`we got more of those. I`ll just rebuild wheels for a start I guess, MTB hubs for strength, 622 rims.

Plenty of places to find bikes around here, let a cro.mo frame go some months ago that I am still thinking about it.
2 many bikes..

Last edited by badmother; 06-19-08 at 09:20 PM. Reason: gears