Old 06-21-08, 03:00 AM
donob08

Location: Western New York, The FingerLakes Region, small town, Bloomfield, NY

Bikes: 2008 Currie eZip Trailz, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, bought new for Honeymoon camping trip around Nova Scotia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toyfountain
Yes I did. I took the gear section apart. I also took off the cover plate, but didn't sand the rotor where the brushes connect. I'm thinking of doing this soon. I need to get some extra fine sandpaper. It seemed like my motor lost some torque today. It might be the new tire. I did my first commute with the new filled tire. It's fine when rolling forward, but feels loose and wobbly when turning or avoiding an obstacle. I'm thinking of filling the sides of the rim with clear silicone to remove the loose feelling.
toyfountain
Good stuff. I wondered if you had to remove the motor, motor mount and all to get the wheel off. It seemed that way. I was going to try it some rainy day if fate didn't push for an earlier test. The hole for greasing the gear reduction makes sense. I read a note somewhere that drilling holes in the motor casing, I think it's a Unite MY1018z or clone, makes it run cooler. I check the case temp on mine on hot days after big hills. If the design is right the case should reflect internal temp, it's not hot.