View Single Post
Old 06-21-08, 11:32 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Anyone drinking V8 Fusion??

One of my cycling pals is a MD. After we rode the other night we talked about various sports drinks, recovery drinks, etc. He pointed out that V8 juice is pretty good stuff as it has a lot more potassium that most sports drinks. I thought it just came in a tomato flavor but he pointed out there are several fruit flavors available now in the V8 Fusion series-strawberry/banana, orange, berry, etc. I'm just not a tomato juice person-unless it involves a bloody mary.

It's certainly not cheap but I bought one of the large bottles in the orange/pineapple flavor and tried it yesterday-in fact I drank the whole thing. Darn if I don't think there is something to the stuff. I wore myself out riding really hard Thursday and then played golf Friday in pretty hot and muggy conditions. Normally when I do that I just don't have much in the tank the next day. Surprisingly my legs were really strong on today's 100k and I didn't have the first sign of any cramping.

Anyone else drink the stuff even if it's not as a "sports drink"?