Old 06-21-08, 08:06 PM
ArsGodFather

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New rider, quick question

Hey guys,

I got my first bike in 10 years, and my first road bike ever. I spent yesterday just getting my bike legs back and trying to not look like a fool. Rode like a mile total in my cul-de-sac. I got off the bike and could feel that I was going to be sore, so I went out and bought bike shorts and gloves.

Today I decided to go for my first real ride. I live really close to a trail, so I decided to go that way. For those that know, I live in Lake Forest Park, WA and decided to ride to Bothell on the trail. I ended up going 11.5 miles and am absolutely dead. I notice that if I hit any sort of a hill at all, no matter what gear I put it into, I have a hard time, and it really winds me. My route is here: http://www.mapmyfitness.com/route/us...ttle/257603208

I am not in very good shape, which is part of the reason I want to start biking more, but I don't know if I am going to be able to get back onto the bike tomorrow, I hurt really bad in the crotch area, even with the shorts. I took the bike to an LBS and they adjusted the height of the seat, but told me the angle should be right.

My question is, is this normal when just getting back into riding? Was going 11.5 miles the first day back on the bike pushing myself further than I should have? How long will it take the sensation in my groin to go away entirely so I can ride without pain?

Thanks!