Old 06-23-08, 09:22 AM
buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by spokenword

mmm... I'm rather fond of the eastern shore of the Reservoir around Rt. 70, though I agree that Rt. 140 on the southern shore is a bit unpleasant with fast traffic. If I recall properly, though, the shoulder on Rt. 140 is pretty wide and in decent repair. Maybe take the eastern and southern shore rather than go around on the northwestern side?
Yeah, I think I've done that route and liked it. My problem is I get in a kind of zone on these rides and can never quite remember the quality of some of the roads. It also seems to depend on the time of day. If I can get an early enough start on a weekend- esp. a Sunday just about any one of those rides is a pleasure. Maybe I'll try that route on the way back and see how I fare- thanks for the tip.

I think what also screwed me up there was I decided to use the VZ navigator on my cell phone for the route around Wachusett- pretty much because I didn't want to try to figure out which route was shorter. It sent me on a bit of an odd route but it meant I didn't need to keep stopping and looking at maps or a cue sheet since "Miss Thing" was calling the shots.