View Single Post
Old 06-24-08, 05:38 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by keracer
"hurts to ride" wasn't the right term I meant. I meant it is a very uncomfortable bike. Even with different adjustments on the handlebars and seat, I can never find a happy medium.

I can understand what is being said about it might be a different issue than the bike. Thats another reason why I am going to try the LBS.

Thanks for the suggestions.
If your bike shop will work on an x-mart bike. Some shops refuse to service them, simply because they use non-standard components. It sounds like the bike is either too small for you, or too big. I'm not sure what a shop can do to 'fix' the wrong frame size.

If you are in a position to do so, you may want to consider shopping for a second hand bike on Craig's List. Good older model bikes are sold regularly on CL for much less than the cost of a new one.

Of the new bikes you mention, I have a 7.5 fx, which is like your 7.2, and the Navigator 3.0. Both are fine bikes, but the Navigator is more of a bike for "5 miles on a bike path on Sunday if the weather is good" riders. If that's the sort of riding you want to do, it's the perfect bike for it. If you get it, have the shop replace the suspension seatpost.

BTW, "East Central PA" isn't that far from Chester County. PM me if you want to meet for a ride.