Old 06-24-08, 06:01 AM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cranky old dude
It痴 been a very strange life indeed. My kids tell me that I have not alienated them and
they enjoy coming home, so perhaps I致e not created the same type of void I grew up in.
I certainly hope not. Tomorrow, before visiting hours, I知 taking the aluminum racing bike
out for 20-30 miles. I expect that after I warm up and loosen up these old bones, I値l be
moving along quite fast for a while. I値l know when the final fuzzy corners of my brain have
cleared up, it値l be when I slow down to about 16mph and again relish being alive. I値l drink
in the beauty of the lake and ponds and trees through my dimming eyes and marvel at how
such a simple machine can provide so much physical and mental therapy.
Your post certainly brought back memories for me. Unfortunately not all of us had June and Ward Cleaver as parents. In spite of this most of us have gone on to become parents and have great relationships with our children.

Enjoy the bike ride. I learned a long time ago to dwell on the happy memories and let the others go. We can't change them.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith