Old 06-24-08, 12:55 PM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12192 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,108 Posts
Originally Posted by Leopard_Wrasse
That actually makes a lot of sense and I may just do that.

I realize this thread has turned into a Surly love fest, but those bikes just don't do it for me. They are very plain when compared to the other bikes I've been shopping. <shrug> Yeah, I know, kind of silly to look at the purchase in that regard, but a sexy bike is part of the package I desire. I've never driven a Ford because of how plain I always thought they were, instead opting for a foreign car with sexy lines. Its just translating over to bikes now. Up until a month ago I planned on getting a Surly... until I saw one in person.... and yawned. Plus I can't stand bar end shifters, and by the time I change out shifters and get a better wheel set I'm easily over $1500 for a bike with lesser equipment than I could have on bikes at the $1000 range. I don't know, maybe I'll have little choice but to go with a Surly, but...

I have the day off today. I think I'll spend it shopping all my bike stores and see what I can come up with. I'm just so depressed the bike I wanted isn't available.
I think you were lucky. I also think you need to take a step back and realise you
are making decisions based on the paint job.