View Single Post
Old 06-24-08, 02:23 PM
dirtbikedude
Gravity Is Yer Friend

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Kona Bear, Bianchi 928 Carbon/Chorus, C'Dale Rize4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought my first full carbon bike (Bianchi 928) my last year of playing ball, that was when I weighed in at a svelte 320

I had no issues with it although I did have the shop put a carbon fork with an aluminum steerer on it. It had lower level Campy groupo (Veloce) and stock wheels(I forget which ones they used in '04) I put close to 3000mi on it before selling it.

Buy from a reputable company and the frame will last as long as you do not abuse it. Components wear out, faster with our large arses, but that is to be expected.

Before that bike and many moons ago I road/raced a Giant MCM mountain frame, this was when carbon was thought of as evil and not a lot of riders would use it for a mountain bike. I had front suspension on it and that frame lasted me 11yrs before cracking it. I weighed in at 235 at the time.

My next ride, and at 275 right now, will be another Bianchi 928 although I have yet to decide if I will get the C2C or the T-Cube frame, both carbon.

DBD