Old 10-26-04, 06:26 PM
sparks_219 

Bikes: Rocky Mountain Instinct, Cannondale Six13, Cervelo One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Al.canoe
It could, depending on how good you are at "spinning circles". I have have an easy to reach lock-out on my fork, but I never use it. I don't bob because I've practiced spinning circles at up to a cadance of 110; I cruise at 95 on my road bike. Overend has a good section on that too.

Other factors would include rebound and compression damping settings on the Fork. On my Fox fork, I also have a low frequency bump-threshold setting as well.

Al
I am fairly good at spinning without bobing because all the spinning classes I do at the GYM It is only when I am very desperate for power if I come off the saddle and stand up.

After a few more rides, I have a few more questions. I took my bike to Hilton Hills last weekend, which is a rock garden During that ride, I had my rear shock set at 160psi and I only used about 3/4 of the travel. My intution tells me that I should run the shock at a lower pressure. Today, I went for a 2 hour ride on some rocky trails with my shock at 120psi. This time, I actually used about 7/8 of the rear travel, but there is way too much pedal bobbing. I have been told by some friends that I should be running approximately 1psi for every pound of body weight. I weigh about 190lbs, and I usually wear a backpack with all my emergency gears inside, so how come I am NOT utlizing all the travel at 160 psi??

The other question is about my SID. I have the postive air chamber set at 160psi, and the negative one set at 150psi, and the pure delite system at 20psi. The rebound setting is half-way. Initially I wanted the fork to be active over small bumps, but when I ride over rocks about 2-3 inches high, the fork deflates and then quickly comes up and tops out. It kinda makes a loud slapping noise when I go over such bumps. Do you guys have any recommdnations on how to fix this??

Thanks a lot

Ming!