View Single Post
Old 06-27-08, 12:32 PM
jkemp9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got back from lunch, after the meager 3/4 cup of cereal and 12 almonds I was pretty hungry. If I'm counting calories, how many should I have after lunch? I'm at 1463 for the day, that is with a fairly big lunch of eggs, mac n cheese, and less than a serving of baked beans. I plan to have a modest dinner, hopefully I can follow through.
Sage23- My computer does not have a cadence function and I don't have a heart rate monitor. I don't do intervals either, I don't just go for joy rides by any means though. As far as I can tell intervals are spurts of intense riding with spurts of easy riding? If so, should the intense interval be an all out sprint? Should the easy part be REALLY easy? Should the total length of the ride be about the same as I normally do? Are 2 minute aggressive intervals with 5 minute cool downs about right? I'm excited to try this.
I am aware of cadence and I've checked it a couple times. I'm right around 75-80, measured by counting every time my right foot goes down for a minute; >80 and I wobble. Is this ok? Is this a good cadence for intervals?
wrk101- The number of calories burned during yesterday's ride, 1253, came from fitday.com. It asked for time, speed, and distance of the ride. I thought it seems really high too, about half the calories that I ate that day.
I suppose I'll just peruse GNC for multi-vitamins to find what's best.

Thanks again for all the help.