View Single Post
Old 06-27-08, 02:05 PM
Dhorn33

Bikes: 92 Paramount Series 7 650c, 1984 Bianchi Alloro, 1995 Specialized Stumpjumper Cro-mo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Repairing Burley trailer and cover?

Has anyone successfully repaired a torn Burley (or any other brand) nylon trailer or cover? Today I picked up a Burley D'Lite trailer that was in a crash or something so there is a 4" tear on the canvas side right on the rail - and the cover is torn including the screen in the same spot. I am thinking I will pick up some nylon and just try sandwiching the hole or building a patch and sew it up but I wonder if some sort of sticky or iron on patch would work instead. Any suggestions?

I also have a Burley D'Lite that is missing the cover so I thought about just trying to make one. Anyone have any good input on this?

I have bought and sold at least a dozen bike trailers over the past couple summers including several older Burleys, Insteps, etc. These 2 were both purchased very cheap and I plan to keep one and sell the other and come out ahead on the deal. Bargains can be had if you look hard enough! Anyway - thanks!