Old 06-28-08, 08:49 AM
77midget
me ride bike good

Bikes: Trek 4300; Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just got back from a ride to town for coffee and some bagels. I am not car free, but getting lighter every day. This was actually the first real errand I have run on my bike in a while, though I have been commuting for just over a month now.

Wife and I re-defined our car situation this morning-we no longer have her car and my car, but rather the car with good mileage, and the car to haul stuff. What used to be my car gets over 30 HW and about 27 around town, and the other car is a toyota minivan. Our area is not really suited to car free, as it is very rural, no transit, and very hilly, but we are working on it. Basic rule is if the car is there and you dont need to haul, use it. For me, if it is within 3 miles, I will bike. I will soon push that to 5 miles, but need to ease into it.

Later today, I will be biking up to the local farm where we own a seasonal organic produce share, so I will be picking up the week's veg and eggs, and possibly have some ice cream

I am trying to get the courage and strength up to bike to my buddy's 4th of July cookout next weekend, but it is 30 miles each way. a little daunting.