View Single Post
Old 06-29-08, 09:41 PM
Pockymonster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wipe out and road rash (pics)

Speaking of wipe outs.. today I wiped out. I was on a MUP. Came around the corner with about 10 metres to spare from 3 peds. I rang my bell they all started walking random directions and I had nowhere to pass. I braked pretty hard and I think my front wheel lost traction over some mud or wet slicky stuff or water I'm not sure. I heard it slide and off I flew. I don't really remember what happened, next thing I know I had got up already. It must have looked pretty bad because the 3 people asked me "Are you okay?!" and I was like "yeah i'm fine" and they asked me "ARE YOU SURE?!" they looked more scared than I did.

Anyway I must have instinctively tucked in and rolled onto my shoulder to some extent because I lost some skin on my shoulder, elbow, and some road rash on the side of my thigh. My technical shirt got torn at the shoulder and theres a slight quarter sized bruise with the skin missing in the middle. My elbow (pictured blow) got the nastiest of it because there was no fabric protecting it. I just got some minor road rash on the side of my thigh but my pants got torn a bit.

I guess that showed me to ride so fast after rain through muddy paved pathways.