Old 06-30-08, 10:57 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sir Bikesalot
A little late to the thread but I just did this test last night. Across the street at night (which is even less than 20m), it is most certainly NOT blinding. It is extremely bright and I wouldn't stare at it for hours. Of course if your windshield is dirty, you'll also get some glare. Probably time to wipe them dontcha think? Before something comes along and really does blind you...like an oncoming semi. In this way, the Dinotte might actually save countless lives serving as a gentle reminder to drivers to keep windshields clean, glasses unfogged and intentions pure

BTW, I think a lot of the anti argument here is propogated by people who don't actually own a Dinotte or have never used it much. It's mostly envy isn't it? They can't or won't buy one, but are secretly envious; thus they manufacture arguments against it to make themselves feel better about not having one. For instance this ridiculous notion about the danger of "too much light." Really. From 140 lumens? Get real. Go out, beg borrow or steal one. Some of you may need to take out a bank loan because it's SO expensive. But really, get one, use it for a few weeks, and then see if your opinion changes any. Until then, no one will take you seriously anyway (but may find you amusing).
For me money isn't the issue. If I wanted a DiNottle light I'd buy one, just like when I wanted a Colnago or a Phil Wood wheelset.