View Single Post
Old 07-01-08, 04:51 PM
timcook

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unfortunately the "Newbie" under my username doesn't just apply to my forum status. The Masi actually belongs to my wife. She and I got our first cross bikes (and first decent bikes) a couple weeks ago, so I'm kind of learning as I go. I ended up with a Poprad, but had she not liked the Masi so much it's likely I would have gone with it.

Anyway, as such, I'm not sure about how easy it would be to swap out the cassette. We have moderate hills here and it hasn't been a problem for her so far with the stock double, though. From riding it at the lbs while we were shopping around, and riding hers around for fun after she got it, I really liked it. We went over a decent stretch of gravel roads recently and were both happy with how smooth a ride the steel gave (we had previously done the ride on Al clunker bikes).

I wish I could be a bigger help, but by the time I'm familiar with stuff enough to make more technical comments I'm sure you'll have already decided on what you want to do. Though I'm happy to update on it down the road if anyone has questions (no promises I can answer them though).