View Single Post
Old 07-02-08, 11:18 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Tom, you and several others on this board are a big (no pun intended) inspiration for me. Last winter at the Doctors office they gave me a printout that told me I was "obese" ... I've always been overweight and suspect that will always be the case as the only time I wasn't was due to cigarettes, but I quit those 10 years ago and dont intend on going back. Finding this forum has been a great motivator to get out and actually do something...

What blows my mind is that I've only done this little 3mile ride about 6 times total but it's done so much for me already.
Last week my friends came over and we played some music and then I invited them on a bike ride. I've accumulated a few bikes, just none big enough for me yet, but the 4 of us plus my 2 kids went out for a ride and It was a great thing to share with them. They all had a good time riding and I will probably give them all bikes eventually, but my friend who is really obese is getting one from me next week. He was digging it and tearing it up, so I bet he'll be hooked once I get the derailers adjusted.