Old 07-03-08, 04:40 PM
stoogeswoman
Stooges Woman

Bikes: Electra Townie, Schwinn Loop. Schwinn Hinge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, just got off the phone with the customer service guy ("Josh"), who told me that my replacement bike is NOT in the store, so I probably won't get it till Monday.

Which means my plans for riding my new bike over the long holiday weekend are kaput!

I kept trying to hammer into his skull that since I'd already paid them money up front, and was expecting to use it this weekend, I was kinda upset. So finally he says, kind of half-heartedly: "Yeah, well, OK, if there's anything we can do ..."

To which, remembering my conversation here, I immediately replied, suddenly becoming all sweetness and light, "A new frame bag would be great - thanks!"

"Yeah ... OK ... I'll see if I can find one around here somewhere." (You know - because it's a bike shop - so they might not have any frame bags. )

So I am still irritated but (determined to forgive, if not forget, as some of you have advised), I have decided to put off my irritation till Monday, and give them a fair chance.

And for the weekend? Well, I've still got that Schwinn folding bike I wrote about when I first came in here. Though maybe I'll just do some hiking instead!