Cfrone1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the other hand...

Originally Posted by Banzai
9 out of 10 LBSs are Not Good.

They don't fit, they don't have answers, they don't know anything outside of a very narrow product window.

Now the 1 out of 10 that is great...once you find that rare shop, frequent it often.

Funny thing is, most newbies are happiest with the bad LBSs. They don't want shops turning a "mere" bike into a complicated and nuanced purchase. They WANT the shop that will bag them up a product in under 5 minutes, with no thought required on their part.

So, I guess 9 out of 10 LBSs know their target market.
I could also say that 9 out of 10 "bike review/info website" posters are ill informed, spew mis-information, and don't know anything outside of the very narrow product window than what they or thier best buddy ride.

Or that 9 out of 10 jet pilots are egotistical maniacs that think they are experts on EVERYTHING because they fly a plane.

Funny thing is that most of the "high end cyclist", club rider, team member customers that I come across come up with the most ridiculous claims/ideas/self fix disasters we come across. Those that have an open mind, and want real information and guideance, are the greatest people to deal with.

I will be the first to admit, there are some bad bike shops, staff members, and experiences. The same can be said about EVERY occupation in existance. Lawyers, plumbers,teachers, carpenters, IT techs, you name it. There are even pilots who suck! But I have enough inteligence to avoid painting large cross sections of people with such a broad brush.