Old 07-04-08, 09:28 PM
InTheTrenches

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deaonerox
Uhmm, relax cowboy. Number one, you're missing the point, but I'll reiterate: the dude lied to me and was evading my questions. I didn't like his attitude. And certainly didn't appreciate that he wasn't giving me any facts, but rather super vague doubletalk, which to me is nothing more than speculation and supposition since it wasn't based on any substantiated evidence.

Numero dos, perhaps you missed the "?" after my red flag. I don't think its appropriate to ask people how much they paid for things. But, maybe, juuuust maybe, there was a sliver of a chance that I made an incorrect deduction. That was the purpose of the question mark. You don't ask anyone how much they paid for their car or how much their rent is. It's tacky and irrelevant. And somehow, money encourages people to judge each other and I didn't want to be judged based on what he thought was the acceptable price of my cycle and what I paid. People draw conclusions based on this all.the.time.

And, since you're so quick to draw conclusions without having the facts, you should know this fact: I have no problem paying for any service I receive. I didn't stroll in the shop looking for a freebie. I asked him how much I owed him, he told me nothing. I didn't ask him to check my bike out. He asked me.

et trois: I am not most girls, but I'll forgive your ignorance, since we are not familiar with one another. Do you mind showing me where my girl power button is because I don't have a clue. So just as blatantly lame as it may have been for me to pull the gender card and make a blanket statement like that to express my sentiment that I was being screwed cuz I'm a girl, so too is your comment for believing that girls get things cuz they're girls. Talk about BS. You may not assume that I am anyone you have ever met. Because I am far from it. The interesting thing about being a minority is that you never forget you're a minority. So sometimes you may chalk things up to that because you really can't see any other justification for other people's unacceptable behavior.

And now "InTheTrenches", I am going to finish cooking my delicious penne pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.

You claim minority. Are you Black, Hispanic, Asian? Making an assumption you feel you are a minority because you are female. Women and men are about even so one is not a monority over the other. Maybe you consider yourself a minority anyway and it affects your interactions with others. Any woman that claims to not know where there girl power button is is full of it. There is no button, it is more akin to the ability of a night light to tell when it is dark, only replace dark with " guy that can help me"
Did you consider that maybe the guy was just not to great a mechanic. This would not be surprising. Based on the many threads at bike forums bike shops should make ZERO dollars and that makes it hard to hire qualified people. The few of us that are qualified truly do it for the love of the sport because people like you sure do move the meter over to finding employment where the customer does not expect you to be an incompetent crook right off the bat and then post about it all over the internet.
Please print this out and save it for review when you are about fifty, then you can repost here.

As for me I will be going to bed after busting my balls for ten hours for people, that based on this forum. could give a rats ass about whether or not we care about them or their experience. BikeForums, making me want to quit the biz more than any BS I have dealt with in shop in the last fifteen years.