View Single Post
Old 07-05-08, 09:24 AM
elf 232

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmm Singlespeed? Just not sure yet...

Well if anyone bothered to read my last 2 threads you know that I have been debating for a while about singlespeeds and 29ers. I recently found out that my buddies plan to go SS all the time since they enjoy it more than their geared FS's. Im kind of happy about this but also unsure. I could sell my mid-range FS and get a high end SS 29er (im not refering to carbon [do not want your dirty overpriced carbons!]but some higher end Al) but if my buddies just decide one day to pick up hardtail geared bikes they will leave me in their dust on climbs. I can only afford one (maybe a second if i get this concrete job that has been planned for August) so i really dont want to get burned since it could end my MTBing for a while before i could get another bike. Alternatively I could exchange my higher end FS for a slightly lower end FS that is newer and in slightly better mechanical condition (both work, the newer one is just a bit smoother).

Really I am not talking hypothetically here, I will be making a decision on this within the next week or two.