Old 07-06-08, 02:55 PM
mandovoodoo
Violin guitar mandolin

Bikes: Wilier Thor, Fuji Professional, LeMond Wayzata

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only got a quick ride in. Put my ski boat in the water. Took $91 in gas. My brother and his family came up. First nite was pretty good, a few burns and a little charring on the dock. Next day was good. Sister in law got her arms worn out on the big tube. Eventually the nearly grown up nephews took turns until the big tube came apart. The skinny dipping got out of hand after dark and a glass broke, so we had to evac my wife and daughter to the ER for serious foot cuts, lots of stitches. I'd mentioned the "no glass" rule, but I can't check in the dark. Many stitches, deep wounds. Fortunately two of us trained in wilderness emergency medicine, so my nephew did the field dressing and pressure bandages while I organized the lift up the stairs to the car.

The porch looked like a fireworks store exploded when I looked this morning. I cleaned it up. And the dock has large dark bloodstains. Big bloody footprints up the walk, too! I fixed shrimp & rice Charleston style for brunch and made shrimp stock for the next round.

Then there was skiing (still some uninjured) today. So we sent the other nephew off limping with a ski hit on the ankle, and my brother with a slightly tweeked hamstring - but he skiied fine for an old fart! The other nephew did fine. My son didn't get hurt. Yet! We still have some light.

I broke a fingernail.

Cycling looks safer all the time! I did get to ride my Paramount a little bit!