Old 07-06-08, 09:37 PM
Viking55803

Bikes: Raleigh Tamland 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I decided this last year that I was no longer going to consciously try to lose weight. I will eat correctly, exercise correctly, and if the weight comes off, fine. If not, fine. I do weigh myself periodically just to be sure that I am not ballooning, but so far, I have lost about 10 pounds that way, and I am TIRED of counting this and that, and keeping track, etc.
I'll be 60 later this year. I'm 5'10" and probably about 210 lbs. I find it interesting that I also focus on eating well and exercising and only weigh myself when I go to the doctor. I eat a lot of whole grains, vegetables and only fish or chicken. I drink water, tea and coffee. I look at it this way: there is an intersection where the number of calories you can consume happily crosses the amount of exercise you can sustain indefinitely - that is your weight. I am always looking for way to do a bit better with both, and while I am gradually losing weight I am never sick, pretty much pain-free, heal fast, and can do anything I want to physically. I actually feel very fortunate.