Old 07-07-08, 03:21 PM
teisco 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
I just picked up a '72 PX10 also. I knew about this bike hanging in a large garage with some other bikes and old cars for a year but didn't know beans about PX10's until just recently. When I read on some forum about these bikes I went back and found the guy mowing his yard. I stopped, got out and asked if he still had the white bike hanging in the garage. He did and we got it down and stared at if for 10 or so minutes. Finally I asked what he would take for it. He said he would take 50 bucks so I gave him the money and put it gently in my truck and off I went.

The bike is in good, not great, condition and looks to be all original. I did put 25 dollars into getting both wheels trued at the local bike shop. There is chipping and scratches here and there and all the chrome and metal is dull. The cables are shot and I will need new ones if I keep it. I think the tires are even the original and they hold air. The guy that owned it said he bought it in '72 for his kids and they hated it so he hung it in the garage all these years.

I also just scored a Schwinn Chrome Voyager off Craigs list for $60 that is in fair to good shape. If I can find decals I plan to remove the clear coat.

You guys might think I am on a roll but the bike I really want will always alude me. I guess I am going to have to pay through the nose for my dream Chrome Paramount. I just missed one of those on Craigs for $900.