View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 03:29 PM
Cyclerclyde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
health care costs

2 years ago I weighed 334 pounds and couldn't climb a flight of stairs without being out of breath. As of Saturday I weighed 224 and rode a 77.5 trip in some beautiful Oregon countryside. I am, justly so in my opinion, feeling rather proud of myself. Obviously the rewards for such a lifestyle changes are many: I feel better, I look better, I will live longer and I'm happier. I was thinking today though that I deserve some sort of monetary reward as well. I don't mean to sound greedy but it just doesn't seem right that even though I am so much healthier then I was two years ago I am still paying the exact same amount for health insurance. I suppose there are perfectly good reasons for this but I just can't help but think that my 334 pound border line diabetic ass should have been paying a lot more then my low blood presure, low cholesteral, still overweight but working on it, current self. Heck if such a system was in place it might provide even more incentive for those who need a little something extra to motivate themselves to lose weight..lord knows this country needs to do something about it's weight problem.

hmmmm.