View Single Post
Old 07-08-08, 11:27 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by JoelS
Is there a drop bar that starts the bend to the drops quickly? On my current bar, from the start of the bend out to the farthest extent in the middle of the bend it's 90mm (this is the distance forward from the start of the bend to the furthest extent). I'm wondering if there is a bar that starts the bend to the drops sooner. Maybe like a 70 mm or 50 mm distance instead. I also need them 440mm wide and 26mm for the stem clamp (quill type, ITM Eclypse).

What do ya'll think? And no, getting a new frame right now is way outside my budget.
Bars definitely come in different reach. Just for reference, so you can compare to your own bars, this is how it is measured: http://www.eastonbike.com/images/P-b...rop_75-130.gif

There are many bars in a 75-85 mm reach, and you can maybe find some as low as 70.

If your current bars are indeed 90mm of reach (measured like the link above) you can shed up to 15mm of that. It does indeed impact stem length. I know because I changed from a 86 mm bar to a 75 reach and can now comfortably use a 1 cm longer stem.

Many/most short reach bars are available in 26 (25.8) mm clamp size.

Last edited by Camilo; 07-08-08 at 11:35 PM.