Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by antidote11
I think I am about to go to Home Depot, get a replacement bolt that is about an 1 1/2" longer with a nut for the end. That way I can screw the bolt all the way through to the other side, and then screw on a nut and washer to keep it nice and tight. It's gonna be wierd though, walking through Home Depot with a big bike rack over my shoulder, but it has threads and obviously I need to find a bolt that has the same thread and all. : )

Melo
By the way, where did you get the "locking hitch pin, that includes a nut on the inside to take out the wobble" ??
If your bolt has threads than in it should be an anti wobble bolt. Are there threads inside the part of your rack that goes into the receiver??? If so than just screw it in and be done with it. It doesn't need to stick out the other side.

It seems to me like you are trying to re-invent the wheel here. I doubt if Saris was negligent enough to sell products that require a trip to home depot to complete the install. Look at it again!

I have a sportsworks rack that has threads built into the rack. You just screw the bolt into the threads and the rack is nice and secure. No need to stick out the other side unless using a locking mech. like I happen to be.

Looks like to me it prob has threads but can't tell from pic.

Last edited by Portis; 10-31-04 at 05:17 PM.