View Single Post
Old 10-31-04, 05:13 PM
steveknight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bentcruiser
I have used three types of pedals: SPDs, Speedplay Frogs and now Bebops. The SPDs were cheap but they did not provide my knees with enough rotational float. The Frogs have ample rotational float but an error in manufacturing and a lenghty ordeal with the company led me to seek other pedals. The Bebops are the best. They have rotational float and a great ease of clip in. I have used these longer than any and they seem to be the most durable.

Check them out: http://www.bebop.com
I agree the bebops work well. I seems to be pretty hard on cleats and my frogs lost two of the rubber peices on my left cleat so I had to replace them twice in maybe 1000 miles. and regrease them in that time. I took them apart to clean them and that was the mistake. the screws are so cheap they stripped and I never got them tight enough. they started getting pretty sloppy.
so I got the bebops and after some getting used to I liked them better. you can get in them really easily just by stepping down. even pedal when your not locked in. though I seemed to have messed up the cleats and they don't hold well. but on the bent my feet don't come out so it is no big deal. Plus you can get shoes you can walk in.