Old 05-06-02, 08:35 AM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Chicken, or egg?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg, goes the old mind-twister. In the same spirit of fun, I would like to ask:

"Which came first, traffic or roads?"

"Traffic, of course," the Georgia Dept. of Transportation, and Gov. Roy Barnes, would quickly reply. "Roads do not create traffic, they help alleviate it," Gov. Barnes asserts. "Growth is already occurring [in the four-county region north of Atlanta] because it's an attractive place to live and work," he maintains. "It will continue whether we build the Northern Arc or not." (The Northern Arc is a proposed freeway, planned to be built north of the already gridlocked circular freeway that surrounds Atlanta.)

There are two proposed routes for "Noah's Arc." One route would level 50 homes, the other, 150. So much for "an attractive place to live and work."

Pardon me, Mr. Barnes, but have you spent so long as a lawyer and politician that you believe your own words? Admit it: you and your supporters want this new Arc for one reason, to attract as many new residents and businesses to the region (and their sweet cash flow) as possible. You know that this freeway will spawn a greater influx of traffic, because that's exactly what you want. To h*ll with the degraded quality of life we and our children will inherit because of your hypocrisy.

And to think I respected you once.

Last edited by LittleBigMan; 05-06-02 at 08:38 AM.