View Single Post
Old 07-11-08, 09:46 PM
Glenn1234

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LBS Information?

I was going to write a series of questions as polls, but it doesn't look like I can do that, so I'll just write them out:

1) On prospective purchases of bikes,
A) A good number of options are explained as well as opportunities to "test drive" the bike.
B) Only one or two options are described - they know what they're doing, but don't want you taking their time and would rather move onto something else.
C) Only one option is presented with sales pressure, they want to move product only.
D) You're on your own because they don't know anything.

2) On prospective purchases of accessories,
A) A good number of options are explained, including how it would be installed on your bike.
B) Only one or two options are described - they know what they're doing, but don't want you taking their time and would rather move onto something else.
C) Only one option is presented with sales pressure, they want to move product only. They also want to do the work themselves at additional cost.
D) You're on your own because they don't know anything.

3) My LBS...
A) Does only bikes and knows bikes well.
B) Does bikes as a major thing but has a sideline.
C) Does something else as a major thing and has bikes as a sideline.
D) is an X-Mart because that's all there is.

4) The employees of the LBS...
A) Are very knowledgable and take the time to make sure your questions are answered and a proper purchase is made for you.
B) Are very knowledgable but would rather do their own thing than spend time with you.
C) Know enough just to push product out the door.
D) Are wastes of space and oxygen.

5) The atmosphere of the LBS...
A) Is very professional. Everyone knows they are employed by a business and understand their appearance and behavior reflect on the perception of the business.
B) Is somewhat professional. Casual dress and attitudes but yet know well that they are in a business and have jobs to do.
C) Professional in appearance, but useless when it comes to their standard business functions.
D) A bunch of sk8er bois and d00ds who would rather be somewhere else.