View Single Post
Old 07-12-08, 08:59 AM
Sunset_Va

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Xr7

Have been trying to post this, my posting wouldn't go through.

Have been trying to reply for a couple of days, something wrong with the forums server.

Well, the deal is done, went to the bike shop and purchased the XR7 before reading all the good advice here.
They had to special order it, and it turned out it was the last 2008 XR7 Cannondale at the factory from what I understand. I am not sure I can cancel the order and get either the XR6 or the Trek XO1 now, but both of those bikes are the same price as the XR7 , I think.

I also bought some Shimano combo pedals,SPD on one side, platform on the other , ultralight, $85 bucks, and some Bontrager road tires, I wanted a wireless cyclometer, but the shop only had one style, which was too expensive and I didnt get. Total for Bike,pedals ,tires and tax was $1536 ($1299 for bike). Note: XR6 at same shop $1249.

I want a CatEye wireless , cyclo computer any suggestions? One thing concerns me about having the discs is if in the future I decide to purchase another wheelset in order to keep the road tires ,I do believe the setup for it is going to be much higher in cost than the cantilever brake setup..

Thanks once again for all your advice, even though most people favored the Trek or Xr6, I just hope I am not dissapointed in my choice. The bike should be here next week.

Note: I did call the bike shop and was unable to change my order as it had already been shipped , and my order was termed "special order" . I think I will be please with it, as I am not gping to race it, it will mainly serve as my combo bike for my rides. My concern is the sizing right now. 5'9"/30" inseam and they sized me with the 52cm frame .

Once again thanks to all for your advice, whats done is done...I will post either some pictures or a report sometime next week. I am just curious however, why did they install the lower end (Sora) components on this bike?

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 07-12-08 at 09:06 AM.