Thread: Seasons Tikit
View Single Post
Old 07-12-08, 09:14 AM
Silverexpress

Bikes: Commuter(s), MTB(s), bent(s), folder(s) and a road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Vik,

Thanks for the followup. I have a question on the Tikit in general - do either of your bikes exhibit play in the handlebar post hinge? My new '07 Tikit (purchased from the floor of a bike shop 1.5 wks ago) has enough play that I can feel it rocking back and forth at the handlebars. Should there be some form of spacer or shim at the hinge?

I've contacted BF 1.5 wks ago for the upgraded latch and cable kit, but I'm really having second thoughts that it will fix this issue. I have not received the upgrade kit yet.

Also I've noticed that the paint is being scraped off at where the rear triangle pivots around the main frame. On your Tikit(s) is there some sort of washer(s) or spacer(s) that prevents this from happening? My primary concern is when bare metal starts to show, since it will become an area for rust. See pics of this below.

If you click on my youtube link below, you can see a video of the play in my hinge. Sorry it's kinda crappy, but I took it last night after I got home from a business trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0446.JPG (76.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0450.JPG (55.7 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Silverexpress; 07-12-08 at 12:01 PM.