View Single Post
Old 07-12-08, 10:40 PM
RudeDog00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'm closely monitoring 'the numbers' in an attempt to optimize my training without hurting myself.

After thinking about it, the fact that I live at the top of a hill might be a factor. I tend to push hard to make it home, then I stop without any cool down period. It would be nice to be able to spin home down hill instead of always having to put out maximum effort right before I stop.

Anymore, I'm going to try spending five minutes on my ellipitical as soon as I get home to cool down, followed by some stretching. When would be the best time to do the weight lifting? I have a weight machine that I use for leg extensions and squats. Would it be good to do a few sets right after my ride? Or would that just further destroy my legs?

I've got a 40K planned for tomorrow, with about 1000 ft of ascent. This will be my weekly long ride and is about as flat as I can get here. We'll see if my legs are any better on this ride. I'll probably take about 3 days off after this ride for my legs to come back, then crosstrain with some yoga and elliptical work. Its hard because I want to ride everyday!

Rick