Old 07-13-08, 02:04 AM
mrbrown

Bikes: Upgraded Scott Sub 20 in silver; Specialized Hardrock Comp Disc 2006 in limited edition Army green; Dahon Curve D3 foldable in white; Dahon MU P24 in blue.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lalato
Don't do the seat up thing. That's uncomfortable. The best way to roll a bike that folds in the middle like downtube, dahon, giant, etc. is to...

1, leave the handlebar up
2. flip the bike around so you are facing the handlebars from the front.
3. pull back on the handlebars so you are balancing the bike on the wheels
4. push forward using the handlebar to keep the wheels parallel.

NOTE: On bikes that do not have a way of staying together while folded, this works best if you use a bungie cord or other strap to keep the bike together. Just be sure that your cord/strap doesn't hinder wheel movement.

That said, my only true experience is with a Giant Halfway so there may be some difficulties with other bikes, but it works great for me.

--sam
I've tried the handlebar approach before but I find the magnets disengage easily, sending one wheel going in one direction and the other wheel in another. Maybe I am doing it wrong? Yes, a video would clear things up for many of us. I am quite used to the seatpost method myself, but I am always looking for a better way.

If the handlebar approach works, I'd gladly switch, because then I can rest the bike on the seatpost in its semi-folded state.