Old 07-14-08, 03:04 PM
grebletie
NorCal Climbing Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
Whereas you're ignoring the more basic fact that protein deficiencies are pretty much non-existent in wealthy countries like the US, barring serious medical or psychological disorders. Researchers who tried to study Americans with protein deficiencies literally had to give up because they couldn't find any subjects.

You might want to read some literature about nutrition that was published within the last 30 years. Your ideas about bioavailability and amino acid composition are outdated. Almost every food--vegetable or animal--contains protein, and a reasonably varied diet provide all the essential amino acids.
I'm not sure where in my response I asserted that individuals in wealthy countries suffer from protein deficiencies to any degree. You might want to highlight for me the section where I said that, or at the very least, brush up on your reading comprehension.

I'll make it shorter this time: all things being equal, to claim that romaine lettuce represents a good source of protein is patently absurd.