Old 11-02-04, 10:43 PM
tpsdpm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You should not be having pain in your ankles, I am a Podiatrist, and there should never be pain in the ankles from riding, unless, previous trauma, over use, et al. I agree with Stapfam, and pinerider, that you should attempt to have a higher cadence, (spinning faster) in a lower gear. Foot position, as previously mentioned is also important, see if you are putting extra weight on the outside of your foot when pedaling. If so this may be creating a "sinus tarsi syndrome". This is a fancy name for a problem where two bones that are located in the ankle region, "shear=move in opposite directions on each other creating friction". Thsi will many times cause swelling, and pain especially towards the end of a ride. The swelling will be most prononuced on the front outside portion of the ankle. As pinerider noted this is more common in runners. If the problem persists see your local Podiartrist, and bring the shoes you wear when biking, and make sure you describe when and how the problem commences, and is exacerbated aka, made worse. I hope this helps
2002 ALMS TT 412 Hp@crank
2006 750Li

"I thought of it while riding my bike" Einstein on the Theory of Relativity