Gutter Bunny

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
IBLAAST WITH Li-ion 2.2Ah 14.8V battery & fast smart charger. 270gms

http://www.nightlightning.co.nz/endurenz%20details.htm

first impressions

Solid, sturdy and well built. Everything has a real quality feel, wiring is top notch. I'm a Little concerned about the "Kiwi switch" as I like toggle and push button switches that go "click" when you use them and not those squishey types of switches that seem to be on everything these days. But no biggy as it has a few functions.

I would have liked a shorter cable from the light and a longer battery cable as I like to leave the light on the helmet instead on taking it off/putting it on and just zip tie the cable to the helmet. Also I wonder how the glue will hold up after several months on the Velcro helmet mount in crappy conditions when you have to keep pulling the light on and off.

Conditions tested

23:20-00:10
Winter/overcast
Little wind but persistent drizzly rain, (that rain that sort of makes the Star Wars hyperspace look with helmet mounted lights)

Switching it on in conditions without streetlights, moonlight etc...

The beam is powerful and a white/bluish look to it. You get excellent visibility at around 6-7 meters, (20 feet), and very good visibility at 10 meters, (32 feet). I'm talking being able to see small debris, the depth of potholes - the important stuff.

I have tried several commercial, (expensive too), lights - vista light, niteflux, smartbattery, nightpro, etc... as well as homemade ones 35w and 20 watt 12v sla batteries. Nothing I've tried gives this type of clarity. It also gives a good peripheral light too and transfixed the packs of Bunny Rabbits that normally try and ambush me whilst lurking in those dark spots on my way home.

Both the light and battery are silly when it comes to weight and you would not notice them. The switch is a little awkward to operate with full finger winter gloves, but its early days and the switch did respond to me pushing it. There are still "blinkey" functions I've not really tried.

The light can be a bit spooky as trees and stuff appear a few meters away and are sort of well you know weirdly illuminated, even though you commute along this track for months- so prepare for a few Scooby Doo moments when you go "what the hell is that!?"

So far

The most expensive lights I've ever bought, yet it does, (early days), exactly what the comapny said it would do

will update over the next few months. Also, (like the oscars), I would like to thank my wife for...Spotting the nightlighting guys website.

Last edited by Jonahhobbes; 07-17-08 at 08:16 AM. Reason: update