View Single Post
Old 07-17-08, 04:28 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
So, instead you might have an emeritus certificate, then, but still a Clyde retired.

Originally Posted by Fribley
Hmm...kinda spilt replies but thanks for all the input. I still havent decided on this yet, but the registeration dosent close till Aug 10, so i have some time to mull it over, i think this weekend i will attempt a self supported century and see how i feel when/if i finish that and that should really help me get my bearings as weather or not to sign on for the ODRAM. I have always had a very strong mental drive and i dont think that would be a problem i would face, i can garuntee i would finish it however it might not be till 5pm the day after it started lol. It starts at first light and the ride organizers are leaving the finish line at 7:30 pm, i figure this gives me around 13 hours to finish it in but even if i end up finishing after they have left i would still be happy. There is no SAG, i would have to convince some friends to waste a day driving around after me. I have no plans on doing well or being near the top of the list at the end i really just am thinking about finishing at this point. So i guess i will try for the century this weekend and see how that goes, that should give me a good baseline of weather or not i am ready for it, if i finish it then ill be sitting pretty good just need to probably work on some speed and tech., however if i dont i will find out what i need to work on. Again thank you for all the input and any more advice or suggestions would still be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and Tom that definitely sounds like something i would be interested in next year, however if i hit my goals i might not be a Clyde by then.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant