View Single Post
Old 07-18-08, 02:16 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Pie to celebrate.

First get back ride today after a long period of not much riding. Only 40 miles on the flat and took it steady to bring myself back. 20 miles to the cafe and met a couple of riders. They had just travelled from Cherbourg in France- up to Calais- cross to Dover and were making their way back home to Portsmouth. 600 miles and they were on target to complete it in 5 days. Not a bad ride but they had a couple of bikes that were not really suitable. the one I am holding is an 80's Peugeot and the headset was very loose when I picked it up for the photo. The same could not be said for the rear end as I could not even lift it. Reckon there was 100lbs on those panniers. The other bike was a Cannondale and had a standard double Crankset. The peugeot had a single ring.

Advised them on the safe way up the 16% hill as I reckoned they would be walking so told them how to find the Footpath. Then it was down to my PIE- except it wasn't. That chocolate gateaux was too enticing. Took a few extra miles on board for the return and went through Pevensey. The spot where William the Conquerer landed in 1066. The plaque commerorates this event and that Queen Elizabeth II paid a vist 900 years later. Also a picture of an old house in the Village- but this only dates from the 16th century- going by the style. Then it was off for home at a leisurely pace and completed the ride at an average of 15.1 mph which in view of the lay off I had- I am quite happy with. And by the way- Giordana Tenax shorts rock.

Edit-- What am I saying- they are not shorts--But Bibs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pev 2.jpg (56.8 KB, 46 views)
pev3.jpg (48.7 KB, 32 views)
pev pie.jpg (52.3 KB, 37 views)
pevenplaque.jpg (66.0 KB, 22 views)
pev house.jpg (51.5 KB, 24 views)
pevensey.jpg (44.3 KB, 23 views)

Spike Milligan

Last edited by stapfam; 07-18-08 at 02:21 PM.