View Single Post
Old 07-21-08, 09:40 PM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
"One other thing that just shocked me was the riders riding down the middle of the road down FM 529 when the road hadn't been closed for the ride. I even saw two riders riding side by side right in the middle of the traffic lane that refused to move over or even go single file for a motorcycle that was waiting behind them to pass. It was like they were totally oblivious to the hazard they were causing traffic trying to pass them when there was plenty of room on the shoulder and no other riders around them getting in the way. "

I've noticed this on other rides, it's not just that one. I think it's a combination of factors. One is that you start off with so many riders that you do block a lane, and people get used to just riding willy-nilly down the road assuming no car traffic. As the bikes get thinned out, that changes, and you get to the point where you're endangering yourself to go riding down the middle of the road like that. I suppose some of these people just don't get out and ride much, too.