View Single Post
Old 07-22-08, 05:38 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by MilitantPotato
I'm 6'9" 265lbs. This week I picked up bikes for the whole family, my wife and i trade between towing a 3rd wheel and a trailer. I'm riding a Trek 7.3 FX, I noticed the tires compress a fair bit with just my weight, but with the 3rd wheel hooked up it seems to be a bit too much. Am I right about these tires not being suited for my weight?

My current tires are the stock Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase, 700x32c; 60 tpi. I'm wanting to do some limestone trails, and the distances I commute are pretty short, so the road slicks are not something I need, unless they're fine for limestone trails, which I couldn't find anything about their suitability for those types of conditions.

I'm not wanting the best of the best, and weight isn't much of an issue since I'm bringing plenty myself, but durability and puncture resistance are things I'd like.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Those tires should be fine. It would help if you had them properly inflated, however. They should be at 110.

I ride those same tires on my 7.5fx. Here's the bike, the tires, my loaded trailer, and me on tour back in June.