Old 07-22-08, 09:29 AM
bike manhattan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i am not surprised nobody did/said anything. people keep to there selves in this city and there is a general fear in getting into other peoples business. most peoples attitude is well its not my bike and i am running late to get here or there or what have you (thinking about themselves and not looking out/caring about the good of others). i can tell you that if i passed such a scene i surly would get involved and ask the guy what he is doing, try to flag down a cop etc. I use to evolution mini's on my bike (one going through back wheel/frame, the other front wheel to frame) and have yet to have a problem here in NYC. A bike with 2 u-locks screams "don't **** with me" to passing thieves because there are tons of bikes (decent ones too) always on the same block or within a block with cable locks, home depot chains or generally poor locking methods. Your never completely safe though in this city as the video proves. Don't get me wrong bike theft could happen to anyone but your improving your odds dramatically with 2 high quality U-locks as opposed to the crappy chain lock used in this video.