Old 07-23-08, 11:05 AM
3030vision

Bikes: vintage Italvega fixed conversion, vintage Fuji fixed conversion, KHS Aero Track frame, old Motobecane 10 speed, fixed (!) Bridgestone MB-0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frustrated: Should I go back to threaded?

Hi,
I recently bought a KHS Aero Track with a threaded fork converted to threadless. The (crappy) threadless stem has a seriously aggressive angle which doesn't suit my street riding and looks pretty stupid turned the other way around. I was talking to the guys at the bike shop about a stem with little or no drop but it was looking like I'd have to drop around $80 for a short (>=90) threadless stem in silver...

This is leading me to consider going back to threaded but it's unclear to me what the advantages and disadvantages are beyond aesthetics. I don't want to spend a whole lotta money right now, especially since I'm not sure exactly what's going to work for me in the end. Make sense?

I guess that's about it. Is seems threadless usually gives you more options but I'm feeling limited by it for the moment. I have cheap 25.6 bars on the bike now but I just ordered some Nitto 26.0 bars.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.