Old 07-24-08, 04:18 PM
bricktopmarv
Rollin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
I am hoping to see Cadel do something special on the TT. If he does, he deserves the win. If not, then Sastre deserves it.

From my recollection, Sastre basically did little in the tour worthy of a winner either other than the ride up the Alp de Huez (as amazing as it was) so how is he any more worthy of being the winner of the tour than Cadel? Especially if he were to have an extraordinary TT?

Carlos had an amazing team supporting him and the Schlecks, and Cadel was basically on his own with CSC trying to hurt him up every climb in the mountains, while they were there to support Sastre and each other...

If Sastre rides into Paris with a small lead over Evans, then who was really the better rider?

It is a team sport, and I definitely won't begrudge Sastre the victory, and I know CSC will have the team victory, and they definitely deserve it. But I am hoping Evans can muster up something from deep down to at least make Sastre sweat.
Amen. Whether Cadel manages to pull it off or not, I personally think he has done remarkable things just to be in the position he is without a team like CSC behind him.