View Single Post
Old 07-25-08, 07:26 AM
tekknoschtev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lesson Learned - Flats

I got taught the lesson of why you always carry a spare tube and pump this morning on the ride in to work. I still haven't had an opportunity to determine why the tube went flat, but I do know that about a mile away from work the tire wasn't up to the challenge. Originally I thought it was just handling poorly for some reason but then I noticed that the tire was completely flat.

I just ordered the Road Morph G, as well as two spare tubes (doesn't it figure, the spare I have is on my work bench at home), a 120cu.in. seat bag, and a spoke wrench (it was cheap and the coupon required that I order 5 items so...). All in all, I'm not the slightest bit upset that I spent the money. I will assuredly be mounting the pump on my bike, and stuffing the bag with the tube, tire levers, patch kit, and since its large enough maybe a multi tool or something.

Fortunately, the MSU Bike Shop is less than half a mile away and I can carry just the front tire there. Maybe they'll loan me the tire levers because, along with the spare tube, my tire levers are sitting on the work bench as well.

So... lesson learned. Carrying the bike for a mile is no fun.