View Single Post
Old 07-25-08, 07:43 AM
SheepFugue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
The Ortliebs are big enough for you to live out of them for months. If you need them for an everyday commute, you are carrying too much stuff! I'm amazed at the amount of stuff that people feel than need to carry to work. Leave a pair of shoes and a bag full of shower stuff at work. You don't need to huck that junk back and forth every day.

Computers? Do you really need to carry your work home with you? An 80 hour week just means a 50% pay cut Plus this is your perfect excuse to not have to huck it back and forth to work. "Gosh boss, I'd love to take the computer home tonight but do you really want to replace a $4000 if I crash? I'm thinking about the bottom line here."

Me? I carry lunch, a pair of pants, shirt, socks and underwear. Along with that I carry my wallet, house key, knife and plastic self (company ID). Plus all the stuff I need for the bike ride.

Pare it down. This ain't a car.
You bring your work clothes with you rather than just cycling to work in them? Sheesh, this ain't a beauty contest. I don't shower or change because my commute is short and my job doesn't require formal wear so the rest of you must be suckers (you know you're taking a pay cut by having to purchase a business wardrobe, right?). And I don't bring anything else for the bike ride because my commute is in the city where I can just grab the subway if I have a mechanical problem. All you people who bring repair kits must be out of your minds.

I also exhale completely before getting on the bike so I'm not carrying any extra air.