Old 07-25-08, 08:39 AM
flip18436572
Triathlon in my future???

Bikes: Junk, that is why I am here. :-)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am a newby to this also. But, I bought the tools and trued my wheels a few months ago, because it is an hour drive to my LBS, and unless I am headed there for a purpose and can safely leave my bike outside, I don't go. So, I learned to true my wheels, and I have yet to do it again. I check them by spinning the rims, before I leave on any ride, but they haven't changed in the last 400 miles. I run my pressure at 120 and I am on 700 x 23 tires.

Are you checking your air pressure regularly, and do you keep your cadence up also? I seemed to have more problems when I was mashing instead of keeping my cadence around 90 - 100. I have hit some major rocks/cracks/bumps/etc... while riding on the highway shoulders lately without any problmes.

After talking to others, I will probably need to get the proper tools to adjust the tension of the spokes equally. I have always used the "ping" tests on my motorcycle rims, and was using a similar approach to my bicycle spokes. The difference was a metal wrench on my motorcycle rims and I use my finger with the bicycle.
Swim, Bike, Run and sounds like fun