View Single Post
Old 07-26-08, 08:42 AM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here was my story:

About a year and a half ago (maybe more), I was 19, 5'8" and about 185 pounds. I had a size 34 in the pants and 17 at the neck. I wasn't too unhealthy, but everyday I looked at the mirror, I was really disappointed in myself and the belly that I had. I sometimes went to gyms to work out, but I hate routines and that wasn't an exception. I would stop after a week or two, with no apparent changes. I did lose weight every summer, but that was because I wouldn't eat as much and sweat everything out, only to gain it back in the winter.

In April 07, I got a mountain bike from Costco and started riding, not even thinking much about the weight. I was pretty slow at first (4 miles seemed like a lot then), but gradually I went from 4 miles to 10 miles to 20 miles, 40 miles etc. etc. I then got a road bike and successfully finished two centuries that summer, while having 60 mile rides on the weekend being the norm.

I also noticed that all of my clothes were bigger on me. I couldn't fit into my good suit or any of my pants correctly anymore (and I had a lot!). I weighed myself, and as of last month, I weighed about 155 pounds, had a BFP of about 10% and was a size 30 at the waist and 14.5 at the neck. I can fit into kid's dress shirts. On top of that, I had a six pack going for me, and my arms and legs looked amazingly tone without lifting a single weight.

The only problem I had was that everyone thought I was starving myself to death...oh well.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces