Old 07-27-08, 05:01 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Missbumble
So he has a broken collar bone! So my frist ride that i led was memorable. I think there's a lot of lessons:
(1) When riding sweep - remember you have to go slower than rider in front of you
(2) Do not accept bottled water with a screw on cap on a bike
(3) Make sure everyone has a buddy riding. (I am glad they were together).
(4) me - I will stick with my camel back with the water bottles as a refill until I am an expert and can reach down and get the bottle without wavering.

OK that's it Ride 19 26 miles, 2 hours and 1 minuteish and 1 poor fella with a broken collar bone! Be careful!!

Sorry not a more happy report!
That's mixed news, good for you, not so good for your co-leader, that would hurt like the devil......

As for screw on caps, I find the best thing to do, is stop, deal with the bottle, dump the contents in an empty bike bottle, toss the bottle and screw on cap into a suitable container (or a pannier). Then continue on. With bike bottles, I usually pop the cap while it's still in the rack, then lift it, put it back in the rack and then close it.

I like using the camelbak for longer rides though, you tend to drink more with the CB then you do needing to futz with bottles.